Thursday, October 17, 2013

Photo of the day - Peru


So yesterday I posted a picture of Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil to show where I could move in early 2014. If you missed that post, check it out over here!

Today in continuation of trying to figure out where to move next year, here is a picture near the ocean in Lima, Peru. I was absolutely taken away by all of Peru. Just a beautiful country. The scenery. The history. The food! Even for the short time that I was there, I felt at home. During my trip, I managed to see Incan ruins in Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, and Pachacamac in Lima. 

I was happy to get off the tourist trail as much as I could, which I found was where the best things of Peru were. I truly spent more time with the locals than with other travelers and that is what made my trip even more special. In the picture above, I just sat and watched the fishermen in their boats, the families wandering around, and the seagulls doing there thing.

I went to the fish market and watched a fishermen who has been doing is job for many years quickly clean, gut, and fillet his fish. A master at work. I'll have to find that video and post it on here. I enjoyed looking at the abundance of beautiful and fresh seafood. If I had my own kitchen at that time, I would have made a big purchase and sampled everything! 

Peru has an abundance of seafood, fruits, vegetables, grains, potatoes, and many more! They do not need to rely on other countries because they have everything they need.

I truly cannot wait until I return here on day.

Stay tuned as I continue to post a picture from each country I'm considering moving to! Maybe this will help me make my decision? :)

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to travel to Peru. That photo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorites, Rachel. :) You have to go someday!

      Delete