Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Photo of the day - Argentina


Buenos Aires, Argentina. Ah the beautiful and seductive tango. Possibly my favorite dance to watch and attempt to learn. So passionate and full of fire. To fully get this experience, I highly recommend you head on over to Argentina, among the plenty other reasons why you should go there anyway! Watch the street performers. Go to a tango show. Take in the passion that the Argentineans had for their dance. 

My friend and I got a great deal in Buenos Aires for a night spent falling deeper and deeper in love with the dance. We learned the main steps of the tango, had an amazing Argentine dinner, and learned about the history of Tango in Spanish through the dancers themselves. 

Towards the end of the night, the professionals jumped off the stage and picked unsuspecting audience members a chance to put their newly learned steps to use and it was just wonderful to see. One of the dancers quickly got off the stage and asked for my hand and if I'd like to dance. Dancing the tango with a professional was on my bucket list but I never thought it would happen. A dream come true! He was so darn good looking too, another bonus! ;) We danced, which felt like awhile but more like a minute or 2. He kept whispering in my ear that I was so beautiful and of course I was melting! I'm a sucker for that sort of thing. :-) Felt pretty romantic even if it was just a fun little dance. What kind of girl doesn't like a little romance? It's just nice to hear these things once in awhile.

This is a must experience if you ever make it to Buenos Aires, Argentina.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, I love this photo. And yeah, how romantic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :-) Oh to have this kind of romance! I love dancing.

      Delete