Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Nomination for the Liebster Award from Jenna!


My wonderful friend and SMC partner from a few months ago, Jenna over at Jenna in Abu Dhabi, nominated me for a Liebster Award!:) The Liebster Award is for up and coming bloggers. According to the rules and Jenna, I need to answer questions related to my blog and I get to nominate three up and coming blogs that I love to follow! :) I would have definitely nominated Jenna but someone got to her first.:) She is so kind and I love the friendship that we've built though we have never met and we lived thousands and thousands of miles apart! Check out her blog about living in the UAE!

What does blogging do for you?

My blog is a way of expressing myself and about the way I love travel and how it has changed my life. It also allows me to to let others in and to be more understood. I feel like I've lived most of my life so far constantly looking at things differently and never really felt understood by those closest to me. The thoughts, actions, and I things I see daily in my hometown are completely opposite than what goes on in my head! And to live like this for a long time before finally figuring out what I want in life is the BEST feeling in the world.

I am allowed to express myself here and I finally have the opportunity to have people: family, friends, and new understand me. There really are no words to express this great feeling!


What blogger(s) feed your soul?

I can't name just a few bloggers! I love delving into multiple blogs of all kinds! Each blog I follow teaches me something new each day. Everyone brings their own perspective into the blogging world and I appreciate everyone I follow!

I will say the first blog I did lay eyes on when I first started blogging many years ago with peaceloveandblueberries was Alex and Mina's blog: http://sending-postcards.com! They inspired me to stick to blogging and I enjoyed following them from dating life and traveling to engagement to running away and getting married here in Los Angeles and traveling the world for their honeymoon! All the things I dream about....someday soon. :) Check them out if you haven't yet!

What is your favorite subject (category) to blog about?

Travel AND Food! :) I enjoy posting anything from simple pictures, adventurous stories (ones that scared my own parents!), opinions on solo female traveling, and I love love love good food! If I can inspire anyone to try something new, explore this wonderful world more, or even just get hungry from looking a food pictures...now that is an amazing feeling!


What post of yours means the most to you and why?

Everything from getting hungry in South America: The best thing I ever ate in... - I am absolutely passionate about food! I will eat EVERYTHING! Or almost anything. ;)

To standing up for Solo Female Travelers out there: Misconceptions of the Solo Female Traveler - YOU as a female CAN travel and be safe! It's important for me to express to everyone, especially the females, that we should not be afraid to explore our world! It's truly an amazing place to see. :)

Showing my huge love for adventure: Danger Ahead - Part II - Probably the most thrilling and dangerous thing I have ever done in my life! The first thing my mom asks me whenever I see her after an adventure --- So how many mountains did you climb while you were in (fill in the blank!)?

And sharing some of my own experiences that I would never wish on anyone while traveling: Are you really safe with a tour guide? - Please be safe out there and watch who you trust!


Why did you first start your blog?

I started it when I felt I knew that I was ready to. I have a previous blog (http://peaceloveandblueberries.blogspot.com) that I have since changed to a food blog. Before that, I felt like I was too scattered and not really connecting with anyone. Now that I feel ready and have more ideas and thoughts, I am still scattered but it is solely on travel now! Th main reason why I started this blog is for a place to write about my feelings and thoughts. And a way of inspiring others to go out there and live their lives to the fullest! I am not about telling anyone what to do. I merely enjoy showing others to take their own paths in life, to not be afraid, and maybe even keep the places they've seen on my blog on their travel itineraries if they happen to go to the same country!


What do you hope your blog will someday become?

I hope my blog stays the same. :) I would love this to be a great place to look back upon in my elderly years of life and see what my crazy self did when I was younger! Even show this to my own future kids one day when they are ready to do their own exploring...if they choose to do so! Hopefully, to others, it will be a blog to inspire and to look upon if needed or to just allow me to transport you to another country for a day!

 
What are you most passionate about?

I'm passionate about people. Life. Travel. This world. Pachamama (Mother Earth to the Peruvians and Bolivians). History. Our future. World Cuisines. I will forever put people and life over things any day. I appreciate what I have here in life - both in my surrounding area and throughout this whole world. There is so much more to life and I will forever be a student for life. Grateful to be taught anything from both the people closest to me to the ones I have met on my travels and those I hope to meet in the future. 


If your writing were discovered a hundred years from now, what would people learn about you, today’s world, and your interests?

I would hope that these people in the future would learn that there are still humans in this world who want more to life than the usual taxes, jobs, and materialistic things. To continue to be inspired about our incredible world. And to continue the traveling cycle for many more years to come.:)


Who do you most want to read your blog? You mom? The president?

I welcome anyone to my blog. :) Whoever allows me to inspire them just as much as they inspire me. For that one person who grew up with similar circumstances like mine who need that push to help discover who you are as a person. Whether you are an expat or vacation once a year, I would like to inspire anyone that I can reach in the world. Can I say I'd like Adam Levine to read my blog? :) Angelina Jolie???? Johnny Depp? ;)


Now here are my three nominees:

1) Bri over at http://chaiandbri.blogspot.com! She contacted me over twitter one day months back and we turned our conversation over to email and wrote pages back and forth to eachother! She truly is a sweet girl living the life in South Korea! Check her out!

2) Sarah over at http://thewanderblogger.com! She is so kind and I love reading her blog about wandering around Europe! And from talking to her a couple times and the vibe I get from her, she has a good heart. Go and say hello to Sarah!

3) Amy over at http://tidethatleft.blogspot.co.uk/! I love reading her stories in Africa! Her blog transports me to wherever she posts about! :) Head to her blog and see where she is right now!

If you accept this wonderful nomination, please fill out the questions I filled above and nominate 3 of your favorite up and coming blogs! Make sure to let them know you nominated them! I love this award to support other bloggers out there!

Love,
 
Reima

2 comments:

  1. "I will forever put people and life over things any day." I can completely agree with that statement! Things are so unimportant in the grand scheme of life. Thank you for the nomination! You were so kind to think of me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more I get older, the more I just lose care for things that will eventually disappear or get lost! I care more about the memories and the people who care about our world. :) You are inspiring as well! I can't wait to see your post!

      Delete