Sunday, December 15, 2013

Photos of the day - Love, Travel, and Dating

Lovers dancing to the beat of the drum. Ferry at Puntarenas, Costa Rica.
Hand in hand on Florida Street. Buenos Aires, Argentina.
My German friend Tina and her boyfriend taking in the gorgeous view of Tortuga Bay Beach. Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos.
Young love walking together. Panama City, Panama.
You can love your best friend too! Isabela Island, Galapagos.
Having fun with a big screen in the airport before departing. Benito Juárez International Airport. Mexico City, Mexico.
Soulmates taking a stroll. Teotihuacan, Mexico.
 
I don't know what's gotten into me lately but love has been on my mind more often than usual. And it's making me think twice about what I'm actually doing today and how it coincides with my travel plans coming up. Should I stay here and wait for love or if I leave and live abroad, will that ruin my chances for love?
 
I guess the more I think about it, the more it's starting to scare me. I've been ready for awhile now but I don't know if I'm making the right decisions. Of course I want to see the whole world and live abroad, but I think I want to do that with someone else! I don't want to be alone. And it doesn't help when you have a mom that is constantly telling you that you need to get married before your eggs shrivel over!! I'm definitely not old! I'm 28. Not old but at the age where it is time to somewhat start to figure things out.
 
It's not that I need someone to take on this journey because I have always been independent and tend to rely on myself more than anything but I keep thinking about all the memories I'll make that I won't have to share with someone special. I completely enjoy traveling by myself but is it time to bring someone in?
 
A few years back, I let someone in that I knew was going to hurt me bad (it's the ones you really like that make you vulnerable) and that's exactly what happened. I don't know if it had to do with me, but all I knew was that he was the first person I came across that came pretty similar to me --and that is rare! From travel to food to everything in between, I finally was happy to know that I would be understood in that way.   
 
I've dated other guys, tried relationships out, making sure that they either want to travel or if they'll let me keep my traveling ways, but nothing comes close, they don't work out, and they don't last long. It's just not the same. I don't know how to describe how I've been feeling but I do know it's affecting my love life and what I want for my future.
 
I guess I've but nothing but time to figure out what direction I want to take...
 
Am I the only one that feels this way? What are your thoughts about love, life, and travel? I really would like to know what your opinions are!

No comments:

Post a Comment