Friday, August 9, 2013

Fun Friday -- Personal time!

Last Friday, the questionnaire was about travel. This time, I thought I'd get a little more personal with some random questions!
 
Copy and paste these questions to your blog, tag who you got the questionnaire from, and lets keep it going! I love getting to know new people. :)

1) What are your strengths and weaknesses in the blogging world? Strengths- Being openminded and talking about everything! Trying to be relatable. Weaknesses- Having followers; I work full time so it's hard to update often and just trying my best to work on this. That I write randomly--very jumpy! I like to go with what I'm feeling at the moment. 

2) Age? 28

3) Astrological Sign? Pisces

4) Current Employment? Just ended my 8th year as a Pre-Kindergarten Teacher in June and from June till the end of October, I'm the head coach of the Boys and Girls Cross Country team at a high school. I have my BS in Family Studies and also looking to find a career with my degree. OR teach English out of the country. 

5) Single or Married? Single. It's no fun when you finally find someone who is actually similar to you but it happens at the wrong time. :( I get very cautious when it comes to guys so lately I've been taking a step back and taking care of my heart.

6) Something newly discovered that you love? I've been learning lately to slow down and just relax so I've been making it a point to pick one day a week, pick a park, and just relax for a few hours. It's been nice and much needed. I also like the 'Color Me Mine' Spreebird Deals. Everytime I find one, I buy one, pick a day, and just paint on a mug something I've designed on my own. I never liked art growing up but now it's very relaxing and therapeutic. (I think I end up staying there longer than everyone else! :-p) 

7) Favorite mode of transportation? By bike or by foot. I have a car but I don't miss it when I'm traveling! Wish it would be easier to get around here without it.

8) Who is your hair stylist? Still looking for the perfect hair stylist! I actually got my hair done in Alexandria, Egypt when I traveled there and the male stylist made my hair look fabulous! Wish he was here!

9) Ever have any surgery? If so, what? No, but I'd like to go under to figure out the reason for my horrible cramps. TMI but it's important.

10) Do you color your hair? Not anymore.
 
11) What color eyes do you have? Blue

12) Have you ever done anything illegal? Maybe... ;) But I didn't mean to do it!

13) Technology or no technology when traveling? I actually do really well without technology when I travel. I prefer to be out and about and only use my hostel room for when I sleep. That's why I rarely blog when I travel.

14) Electric razor or blade? Neither! Laser hair removal! :)

15) What kind of shoes do you usually wear? Running shoes more now for my job, sandals, heels, and Toms.

16) Backpack or suitcase? Backpack!

17) What is your natural hair color (do you even remember?) Light brown

18) Future child’s name? I have made a list of (girls) names! ;) But I'm keeping them a secret!

19) Dream Job? Anthony Bourdain's job!

20) If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be? Every country in the world!

21) Favorite color? Pink

22) If you won the lottery, what would you do first? First, I'd be responsible with it. Make sure all my bills are paid off, put money aside for my retirement, a house (when I'm ready to settle), and do what I love to do--travel the world. :) Make sure to also give back as well.

23) Are you a vegetarian? Nope. I love meat way too much.

24) What jewelery do you wear daily? Just my earrings. I usually only wear jewelry for special occasions.

25) If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? I could never answer this question! I eat EVERYTHING.

26) City, beach or country? All. :)

27) Hot or Cold? Weather wise, cold! But food wise or anything else, both.

28) Where did you eat last? I just made a smoothie, tamale, shrimp, and rocky road ice cream at home.

29) Favorite ice cream flavor? Rocky road!

30) Do you read blogs? Yes

31) Favorite charity? Any charity that benefits the kids, people, and the world.

32) Ever been involved with the police? Yes, but I didn't do anything wrong. This February (2013), someone around my area stole a car, then stole MY license plate, put it on the stolen car, and gave me the stolen cars license plate. They came to my house on my birthday and when I looked at the license plate on my car, it wasn't mine! Crazy crazy experience.

33) What’s your favorite shampoo and conditioner? So far I'm loving the Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner that I got at Trader Joe's. 

34) Favorite fruit? Plenty of them! But I'll just say Blueberries and Pomegranates.

35) Ocean or pool? Both!

36) Retire in or out of the US? So far it's looking at outside of the US! ;) I still got aways to go!

37) If you could go back in time, would you and when? I would if it would mean using the knowledge I've gained now as an adult. There's some things I would take back starting after my high school graduation.

38) Window seat or aisle? Window

39) Favorite animal? Turtles!

40) Do you feel that you’ve had a truly successful life? No. Just trying to stay true and be a good person no matter what.

41) Nickname? I've gotten Blueberry, Sparkles, and my dad calls me the 3 C's (Cool, Calm, and Collected).

42) Adventure or lounging? Adventure! But lately I've been teaching myself how to lounge! :-P

43) Soccer or Football? Both!

44) How long do your showers last? Long. I have a lot of hair on this head of mine!

45) Automatic or stick shift? Automatic.

46) Describe yourself in three words. Independent, unique, and goal-oriented.

47) What's one thing you love to do and share? My love of cooking and baking. Always coming up with my own recipes. I never really follow recipes exactly. I like to make each dish my own. The way to anyones heart is through their stomach!

48) Favorite Dessert? Knafeh, Atayef, flan, chocolate souffle, tiramisu, my two secret cookie recipes, marshmallows, chocolate...

49) Have you ever given money to a beggar? No, but food and clothes, I have.

50) Have you been in love? Honestly, no.

51) Where do you wish you were? Somewhere out of the country!

52) Do you wear socks with your shoes? With my running shoes. If I can find my small socks, with my Toms.

53) Favorite TV show? Modern Family, yes! The Voice, LOST, Mystery shows, and I'm loving my Shark week now!

54) Can you tango? Yes! I learned the Argentine tango in Argentina and got to dance with a professional! My dream come true! :)

55) Last gift you received? Possessions to me aren't important. My last year teaching at the Preschool I worked at for 8 years was an amazing year. I had the best class, the kids were amazing, and loved the parents. That was a special gift.

56) Last sport you played? I'm currently running at my job as a Cross Country Coach.

57) Things you spend a lot of money on? Pretty much on travel. I save my money so I am able to travel.

58) Where do you live? North Los Angeles (Magic Mountain area), California

59) Where were you born? Chicago, Illinois. One of my favorite cities in the US!

60) Last wedding attended? My sisters destination wedding!

61) Favorite movie? I don't really have any favorites but what come to mind are Pirates of the Caribbean, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, 43, The Avengers...

62) Last concert attended? Maroon5...Adam Levine...mmmmmm

63) Most hated food(s)? Hate is a strong word! I'd probably say carrots and green beans cooked in liquid. Strange, huh! :) And I'm not really a fan of pork and pork products.

64) What’s your favorite food? Too many to name! Middle Eastern, Sushi, Peruvian, Asian, Seafood, Lobster, Shrimp, Marshmallows..etc!

65) Can you sing? I think I can! ;)

66) Last person you called? The athletic director at the high school I work at.

67) Last place you went on holiday? Guatemala in December 2012/January 2013 

68) Favorite regular drink? Water, coconut water, orange juice, and homemade smoothies.

69) What's one item on your bucket list? To step foot on every continent! I only have Australia and Antarctica left! woo hoo!

70) Last song you listened to? Ain't Nobody by Rufus & Chaka Khan

Tag! You're it!

1 comment:

  1. these were so fun to read! love that you have all but 2 continents down!!!! XO
    the well-traveled wife

    ReplyDelete