Friday, August 16, 2013

Fun Friday! Food Edition

FOOD!
WHO DOESN'T LOVE FOOD?!
STREET FOOD! RESTAURANTS! YOUR OWN KITCHEN!
 
 
I'm an experimenter. I like to try everything. Eat everything. I'm not scared of anything! Well.....bugs and such. I don't have the urge to eat bugs. :)
 
Food is another reason why I travel. I enjoy eating others cooking and falling in love with the country via the food route.
 
Fried trout and Ispi in La Paz, Bolivia. The BEST dish I ate in Bolivia and till this day, I still miss it tremendously.

 
You can feel the love of someone and their country not just by talking and getting to know someone, but also through their food. Food feeds the soul, the heart, and the stomach. And when you make it at home, it just NEVER tastes the same. Trust me, I've tried to recreate quite a few dishes!


Falafel in Cairo, Egypt. This really was BOMB! The best falafel I've ever had.

 "When we no longer have good cooking in the world, we will have no literature, nor high and sharp intelligence, nor friendly gatherings, no social harmony." -Marie-Antoine Carême

 
Peruvian Ceviche in Lima, Peru. This is still one of my addictions. Best. ceviche. ever.

 
Which brings me to the question: What is the most memorable dish you have ever had on your travels?

I'm in the process of cooking up two fun food challenges....

1) I'm going beef-less for 30 days, starting this Saturday if anyone wants to join me! We'll share our experiences when the month is up. I'll get into more details soon.

2) Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment