Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Taking it back to 2013

What a year 2013 was! From deciding to restart my blog to leaving a job of 8 years to start planning my dream life and everything in between! The ups and downs, old and new experiences, and cannot forget the terrifying aspect of going jobless!

2013 was the year of change for me.

I'd say I changed a lot --in a good way. I finally stood up for what is right ---both at a job that I loved but came with unfair pay and constantly feeling exhausted. Friends who made me better and ones that went their own way in life. Even stood up for me and took better care of myself -- the inside and out. I've learned a lot that I am a giver. I give, give, and give some more. Maybe too much. I knew in the past but even more now, I've felt like I give more than what I get back. In life, I definitely need to give more. It's more of giving to those around me who may take me for granted. I never expect anything in turn but sometimes I wonder why I always have to be there for everyone but when I'm going through things, it just doesn't feel the same. As 2013 slowly came to an end, I realized what I needed in life. And I made it happen.

I took a step back from almost everyone in order to reteach myself these values I've always had but needed to learn how to put myself first. I realized that I didn't want everyone whom I haven't really seen or talked to in awhile on Facebook to see what I've been doing in my life so I changed that. I deactivated my account a few times and it felt great! I baked and cooked a lot more to bring my passion back. I took a Cross Country job to save my love of running, which I had missed so very much. I did say I'd be at the beach more often too but that didn't happen. :)) And I realized the value of friendship even more now than before, which allows me to surround myself by positive people who I love to be around.

When it came to money, I decided this year that I didn't want to be so self-reliant on it. Truthfully, you really can't do anything today without money, but I want to live a life without feeling so dependent on it. I think that would make the world a better place!

Basically, I changed a lot! But still remaining true to myself. :) That is the most important thing to me.

I really am looking forward to seeing what 2014 brings! Today (1st of January) may not have started out wonderful...to say the least but I am still hopeful for a better year.

I don't really have a resolution but I have a list of things I want to continue to build on this year:

1) Maintain better eating habits.
2) Keep my running going and finding ways to work out, especially when the weather here in SoCal starts to warm up---basically all year!
3) Buy a plane ticket!
4) Finalizing travel plans within the first couple months of this year.
5) Try dating again and putting myself out there. I'm ready!
6) Spending more time with the friends that mean the most to me.
7) Putting myself first.
8) Keep up on my Mandarin lessons! And continue to improve on my Spanish. 
9) Go to the beach more often.
10) Get fancier in my cooking skills!
11) Get a massage every month.
12) Consider facials too or at least every once in a while.
13) Post blog posts here more frequently!
14) Make new blogger friends. :)
15) And give more to the community.

 
 What are your resolutions for 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment