Thursday, November 7, 2013

Photo of the Day - Honduras

Roatan Island ~ Bay Islands, Honduras

I apologize for the delay in my blogging! This week was important for my Cross Country teams. The league finals were held yesterday and I'm hoping to find out the results today! It's been great coaching my AMAZING high schoolers and I am SO NOT ready to let them go! :-) 

When you need some time for R & R, Roatan is a great island to do so. On the days that the cruise ships are not in port, the beaches are pretty empty and I love my alone time! This island is incredibly beautiful and a great place to just chill. The life there is on 'island time' which is perfect for a relaxing getaway.

Roatan is known as the 'Backpackers Island'. It's pretty affordable for us backpackers and travelers...if you find the right place to stay! I found only one hostel on the island and that is where I stayed. Definitely doable for a few days on the island. 

Roatan is also home to the 2nd largest reef in the world, after Australia's Great Barrier Reef. So this means there are great diving spots around the island if you are into scuba diving and  snorkeling. 

And Roatan is perfect for solo travelers, lovers, families, and friends. :-) Come here and enjoy the island life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment